Sunday 15 May 2016

Dear Nathan

A Facebook status I made on May 4, 2016 

My little brother has had to hear a lot about "what he needs support with" the last few days and he will continue to hear about it for quite sometime. I just wanted to let him know that everyone needs support in some way or another and that he is in no way defined by the help he needs. 

Nathan, you have so many strengths and talents and I am certainly not the only one that thinks so. For starters, you are the funniest person I have ever met. You always say things at just the right moment. You are a walking encyclopedia about not only birds, but so many other things. Your knowledge never seizes to amaze me. You are a math wiz. When we grocery shop together your lb to kg conversions are always so helpful....and of course, accurate.Thankfully for me you are also technologically inclined. You have saved me from technological mayhem many times. The fact that you can solve a rubix cube baffles me, never mind doing it in under 30 seconds or with only one hand! We definitely need to get you in some speed cube tournaments!

 I have also always envied your ability to focus and specialize in particular subject areas. You are truly a "master" of bird knowledge! Although you know the repetitive "how's life been treatin' ya?" conversation sometimes drives me nuts, my life would be empty without it. You are my favourite person to have kicking soccer balls at my face to warm me up for the start of a soccer season. Quite frankly you are favourite person in general. You never judge me. You always push me forward in life reminding me that if "I don't challenge myself I will never learn." Only from you would I tolerate someone jumping out of no where to scare the crap out of me (although if you stopped doing that, I wouldn't object!) I could go on and on about your kind heart and all the joy you have brought to my life.

I wouldn't be me, without you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment