Tuesday 24 May 2016

Journal Entry 6 - I'm Upset

May 24th, 2016

I am going to start off by saying this is a pretty pointless blog post. It does not have a purpose or theme like all of the other posts I have made. I suppose it does to an extent...but it is certainly not going to be a well organized layout of my thoughts. The grammar will most likely be terrible, but I hope that it will at least be comprehensible. It's pretty much going to be a rant and I have no idea what the “point” of said rant will be.

I'm upset. If you haven't noticed by now all of my other posts are fairly positive and anything negative is about past experiences. It doesn't have to be far in the past, but it is just not how I am currently feeling. There are few reasons for this. One, I haven't had this blog very long. For the amount of time I have had this blog, life has been not too bad. I am not saying I haven't struggled, but overall I have been fairly good at coping with difficulties (or avoiding them, of course). Another reason is that I like to pretend I am okay. Particularly in front of other people. The last and most prominent reason is that I do no like talking about my feelings as feel them. I am usually pretty okay with reflecting on past feelings, but current ones, no thanks. I just don't like feeling strong negative emotions...I guess no one does. But for me I just try to avoid feeling them. Obviously that doesn't always work, but I certainly try. Talking/writing about them just makes me feel them more and most of the time I don't like that(I feel better AFTER...but who wants to wait for after?) That's where this blog post comes in. I think.

I am not actually going to type a word about why I'm upset or what emotion I mean by “upset.” I'm not ready to do that. (Quite frankly I am feeling a few!) The reason I am writing this is to write while I'm upset and try to get out at least some of my feelings ish. I recognize this is something I need to work on. So this, this is my pathetic attempt at trying. Mind you, I have already vented about something that was upsetting me to my friend, Sam. Which has calmed me down a bit. I needed to know if the particular thing I was thinking was all “in my head.” She decided it was, as usual. Thank goodness because if it wasn't I would be crying not writing a blog post. As much as I just spoke about not dealing with my feelings as a feel them, there are two people in my life who I am willing to speak to about them. Sam being one of them.... and it's pretty easy to guess who the second person is. 

I also think it is important for me to write about the fact that I am upset, because it is a reality of my situation. Not everyday is filled with a hope for the future and growth as a person. Many days I take ten steps back. I am slowly and truly getting better, but not everyday. Today I feel like I did a month ago. That is taking a few steps back for sure. But tomorrow I could feel like I did yesterday, or even better. Hence where the growth comes in. I could even grow from today and however long I continue to feel crummy....But unfortunately, like many things in life, that growth comes from looking back in hindsight. Here's hoping I don't feel like I did two months ago any time soon. Although to be honest with you, at this point I don't even frigging care. I'm going to bed.





No comments:

Post a Comment